Daunerin’ aboot is a Scots phrase which can be loosely translated as ‘wandering around’.
This reflects what this blog is about – I’ll be writing about my walks (wee dauners) in Scotland but also will wander around other topics – photography, food, technology, books, and, very occasionally, politics in Scotland. I never go out without a camera and I’m working on improving my photographic skills so there’s lots of photographs to illustrate my words here.
- Opposing wild land industrialisation: it’s time for a new approach
- A backup strategy for malware recovery
- Blog and website redesign
- An Edinburgh dauner
- Spring sunshine and limestone pavements
I used to have a large number of topics to categorise posts but this became unmanageable and I have now settled on a small number of topics:
- Food and drink
- Walking and backpacking
- TGO Challenge
- Politics and current affairs
As far as places are concerned, I use only four topic headings: